Have you ever seen sunrise in the mountains?
Today’s bento is inspired by the beautiful scene of sunrise in Jade mountain, the highest mountain in Taiwan. At first, the mountains are still dark and purple. Only the snow-capped top is visible. But slowly, you can see the golden sun starts to shine and brighten the sky with beautiful orange shades.
Whenever I think of that scene, I feel empowered and hopeful. The sun will come out and the darkness will fade away.
The ☀️ in the bento is my carrot and turmeric egg ball. As for the mountain which is capped by snow, It’s purple rice ball cooked with coconut milk and then garnished with shredded coconut.
Turmeric Carrot Scramble Egg/Egg Ball Recipe
Yield: 2 bento
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked with a pinch of salt
- Use medium flame to heat the pan with oil, and stir fry grated carrot with salt and turmeric for 2 minutes or till soft.
- Add egg to the pan and stir till it is not runny but still soft.
- To shape the egg ball, spread a piece of saran wrap on work platform. Place on top two tablespoons of carrot egg. Stick corners together and shape it into a ball. Microwave for 10 seconds to set the shape
Enjoy and have a great day!