The other day when I was on clubhouse, I heard people talking about meal prep by making a salad bar in the fridge. I’m not a huge fan for salad, but as a vegetable lover, I have something even better—a fried rice bar in my fridge!
Now you might be wondering what is a fried rice bar(tm) ? This is an invention of mine. A fried rice bar is a selection of ingredients that you prep ahead to make fried rice in time.
My fried rice bar includes diced carrots, diced mushroom, sliced cabbages, trimmed kale, baby spinach, frozen edamame, frozen corn kernels, and most importantly, diced cauliflower and broccoli stem.
I love the process of prepping cauliflower and broccoli stems. The outcome is the same as store-bought cauliflower rice, but much more rewarding. I feel so powerful after transferring these tasteless stems into something tasty and valuable.
Making vegetable fried rice is my way of eating vegetables without noticing. It’s full filling, easy to make, and so yummy.
3 Steps Vegetable Fried Recipe
Yield: 2-3 bento
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1-1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3-4 kinds of diced vegetables of choice
- Such as cabbage, carrots, cauliflower &broccoli stems, edamame, peas, etc
- Leftover rice (~1/2 cup per person)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Few hot sauce of choice (optional)
- Sriracha, truffle hot sauce, gochujang, whatever you like.
- Heat the pan with vegetable oil and medium heat, stir fry 3-4 vegetables from your fried rice bar till they turn soft.
- Turn to low heat. Add rice, and then add some soy sauce and hot sauce of your choice. Mix gently with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with sesame or fresh herbs for garnish.
Enjoy and happy cooking!