Sandwiches are never the most interesting lunch option, but with tandoori chicken, the warm spices and juicy filling can surely lighten up your day.
Takes only 30 minutes in the oven, Tandoori chicken is very convenient to make during one of these work form home days. Before your 11:30 meetings, place marinated chicken thighs on a baking sheet and send to oven. By the time your meeting is over, your lunch awaits!
Tandoori Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Yield: 2 bento
Prep time: 5 minutes (excluding marination time)
Cook time: 30 minutes
Marinade for 2 chicken thighs:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grounded black pepper
- Chili powder
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade. Massage chicken thighs to coat it with marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cook the chicken for 30-35 minutes.
3. Assemble the sandwiches with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and other vegetables of your choice.
4. Cut the sandwiches with a sharp knife after letting them sit for 2-3minutes. Clean the knife before cutting the next sandwiches for a beautiful clear cut.
I hope you enjoy this easy and quick recipe for lunch. Please let me know if you’d like to see other recipes in my cookbook.
Happy Bento packing!