Sweet, tangy, with a hint of spice, this pineapple and shrimp fried rice is great for summer lunch and so easy to make!
Before I moved to the US, I never understand why in many literature, summer night is a time that’s most enjoyable. As in Asia, summer night is usually hot, humid, and sometimes suffocating.
Pineapple and shrimp fried rice is a dish represents summer in Asia for me. The tropical fruit fragrant paired with the umami from the ocean reminds me of those holidays on the beach
Pineapple and Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Yield: 2 bento
Prep time: 10 minutes (including marination time)
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 5-6 large shrimps, cut into bite size
- 1 tablespoon cooking rice wine or masala wine
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple (it can be fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2.5 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2-3 teaspoons sriratcha sauce
- 1/4 cup of frozen edamame or peas
- Marinate shrimps with cooking rice wine and salt for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the pan with medium flame. Sauté pineapple for 2-3 minutes or till it turns soft. Add shrimps and stir fry till shrimps turn opaque. Set aside.
- Heat oil and gently stir fry the rice. Mix well with soy sauce, ketchup, and sriracha.
- Stir in pineapple, shrimp, and edamame or peas.
Enjoy and have a great summer!